Locations: Podgorica and Cetinje, with related events possible throughout Montenegro
· September 3, 4, and 5 at 8:00 PM: Large gatherings on “Dvorski Trg” in Cetinje for concerts organized by the Montenegro Orthodox Church / Crnogorska Pravoslavna Crkva.
· September 4, beginning at 5:00 PM: A large gathering is expected in front of the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ / Hram Hristovog Vaskrsenja in Podgorica to welcome Serbian Orthodox Church Patriarch Porfirije, who will hold a liturgy. Note: It is possible individuals will gather at churches around Podgorica and proceed as groups on foot to the cathedral. It is also possible a group of individuals will proceed to Cetinje after the liturgy is held in Podgorica.
· September 5 at 9AM: Metropolitan-elect of the Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral of the Serbian Orthodox Church, Joanikije, will be enthroned at the Cetinje Monastery. Throughout the day, a large gathering is expected on “Dvorski Trg” in Cetinje.
Rolling road closures, significant traffic congestion, and an increased police presence are expected. Individuals should plan accordingly and allow for additional time if traveling near these locations.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affair
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444