Last updated: [10/17/2022]
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No Quarantine Information
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No COVID-19 Testing
- IF you show COVID-19 symptoms, PCR testing can be done at COVID ambulances and is free of charge. Private labs are available to conduct PCR testing and it costs approximately 50 euros. Rapid Antigen Tests are also available at private labs and it costs approximately 25 euros. Antibody testing can be done in private labs. Costs vary 20-25 euros.
- Results are provided via email address provided to the lab. Please note that you should consider taking the original test result from the laboratory which will include a lab stamp as travelling without it may cause problems while crossing the borders. For scheduling and costs, please contact the labs from the list below.
DISCLAIMER: The Department of State and U.S. Embassy in Podgorica assumes no responsibility or liability for the professional ability or reputation of, or the quality of services provided by, the entities or individuals whose names appear on the following lists. Inclusion on this list is in no way an endorsement by the Department or the U.S. government. Names are listed alphabetically, and the order in which they appear has no other significance. The information on the list is provided directly by the local service providers; the Department is not able to vouch for such information.
BAR Policlinic Dr. Zejnilovic at +382 (0)69 295 333
BUDVA Milmedika at +382 (0)33 452 187 Moj Lab at +382 (0)67 900 220
CETINJE Moj Lab at +382 (0)67 900 221
MELJINE Moj Lab at +382 (0)67 900 217
NIKSIC Moj Lab at +382 (0)67 900 223
KOTOR Moj Lab at +382 (0)67 900 218
PODGORICA Ars Medika at +382 (0)20 227 227 Moj Lab at +382 (0)68 209 020
TIVAT Moj Lab at +382 (0)67 900 219
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Montenegro for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Information regarding vaccinations in Montenegro is available at https://www.covidodgovor.me/me/iskazivanje-interesovanja-za-vakcinisanje-protiv-covid19. This website is in Montenegrin only. Vaccines are also available to tourists who pay the local tourist tax for the period of stay in Montenegro.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States. Local Resources:
- View U.S. Embassy Podgorica Most Recent Alerts
- Other links:
- CDC page on COVID-19
- More information on COVID-19 can be found on the Montenegrin Government website http://www.gov.me/en/homepage and Institute for Public Health official page: https://www.ijzcg.me/. Please note that this page is only available in Montenegrin.
- Montenegro Travel Advisory (state.gov) Movement Restrictions
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No Fines for Non-Compliance (if applicable)
- Precautionary measures have been introduced to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. People found to be in violation of the regulations can be fined and/or arrested and sentenced to up to a year in prison.