Location: Podgorica, Montenegro, Countrywide
A demonstration, organized by the Embassy of Ukraine in Montenegro, protesting the invasion of Ukraine by Russian military forces, will take place on Sunday, February 27, 2022, at 13:30. The gathering is expected to draw a significant crowd. A strong police presence is anticipated. Forming in the Argentina trg area where 19 Decembra and Bulevar Ivana Crnojevica intersect near the stadium, the demonstration will proceed across Slobode, past Independence Square, and onward to Bulevar Sveton Petra Cetinjskog ending at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Bulevar Stanka Dragojevica.
Road closures and traffic congestion are expected.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise caution if in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
- Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- Email: PodgoricaACS@state.gov
- Website: https://me.usembassy.gov/
State Department – Consular Affairs
- Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook