Demonstration Alert: U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro (August 28, 2020)
Event: Montenegro will hold national parliamentary elections on Sunday, August 30, 2020. Please be aware that the possibility of large crowds and gatherings exists. Keep in mind that even peaceful demonstrations have the potential to become violent. The global COVID-19 pandemic creates additional safety concerns.
Actions to Take:
• Avoid demonstrations
• Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
• Monitor local media for updates
• Keep a low profile
• Wear a mask while outside of your residence
• Maintain social distancing to decrease your chances of infection
• U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
• State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
For updated information regarding the COVID-19 situation in Montenegro, please visit the Embassy website: https://me.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/.