Location: Montenegro, Podgorica
Police have closed downtown area for traffic (pedestrians and vehicles) as well as several other streets and boulevards due to organization of protests in front of the Parliament building. This protest has not received authorization in advance from the Montenegrin Police Directorate and there is chance for confrontation.
These streets will be closed today:
Boulevards Svetog Petra Cetinjskog and Stanka Dragojevica from the Jovana Tomasevica street to Marka Miljanova street, and Bokeska street to Ivana Crnojevica street. Also Slobode street from the Hotel Hilton to Independence Square, Karadjordjeva street and Kralja Nikole street, from the Hotel Hilton to Hotel Nikic.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444