Location: Montenegro, Podgorica
Event: A sizable demonstration is scheduled to take place in the downtown area of Podgorica on Saturday, February 23, 2019, beginning at 18:00. A large group of people is expected to gather in front of State Prosecutor’s Office located at the intersection of Karadordeva and Slobode streets, march along a preplanned route, stop at the public broadcaster’s building (RTCG), and march to the final preplanned destination Independence Square. Road closures and a significant police presence are expected.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444