Location: Podgorica, Montenegro; Countrywide
Event: Large gatherings are scheduled to take place tomorrow, February 24th, throughout Montenegro beginning around 1830. Multiple road closures throughout the country are expected and could impede intercity travel. Significant police presence is expected, though the gatherings are projected to remain peaceful.
Gatherings within Podgorica, and Montenegro in general, have the potential to become a more frequent occurrence. While recent gatherings have remained peaceful, road closures combined with the increased police presence can limit travel. As with any large crowd, the possibility of violence and increased tensions are possible.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook