Location: Montenegro, Podgorica
Event: Two demonstrations are scheduled to take place in Podgorica this weekend. On Saturday March 23rd around 18:00 a sizable group organized by “97000 odupri se” will gather at Independence Square in the downtown area. They will walk along Slobode Street towards the Hilton Hotel, along Boulevard Svetog Petra Cetinjskog, Moskovska Street, Boulevard Revolucije, Ivana Vujosevica Street, back to Boulevard Svetog Petra Cetinjskog, then left to Slobode Street, and finish at Independence Square.
On Sunday the 24th around 17:00, the group “Pokret Sloboda Narodu” will gather near the monument of “Sveti Petar Cetinjski” and walk down Boulevard Revolucije towards the U.S. Embassy.
Road closures and significant police presence are expected at both protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- U.S. Department of State – Consular Affairs
Telephone: +1 888-407-4747 or +1 202-501-4444