Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro (October 24, 2018)
Location: Podgorica, Montenegro
Event: A political demonstration is expected to occur from 1900 to 2200 on Wednesday, October 24, 2018, in the area near the Parliament building. If this demonstration occurs, a significant police presence can be expected.
There are no indications that the demonstration will affect Embassy operations; however, personnel should take necessary precautions to avoid the area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U. S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
- Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- Email: PodgoricaACS@state.gov
- Website: https://me.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – – Consular Affairs
- Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.