Location: Montenegro, Podgorica
A sizable demonstration is scheduled to take place in the downtown area of Podgorica on Monday, September 30, 2019, beginning at 17:00 until midnight. A large group of people is expected to gather in front of State Prosecutor’s Office located at the intersection of Karadjordjeva and Slobode streets. Significant police presence is expected. Due to the crowd size, it is advised to take necessary precautions to avoid the area.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.