The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section administers various grants programs to advance U.S. government policies and goals. We periodically post calls for proposals.
Specific grant programs vary, but in the past examples include the Democracy Commission Small Grants program, the Public Affairs Section grants program, and the Ambassador’s Fund for Cultural Preservation. Other sections of the Embassy may also administer grants programs such as the Criminal Justice Grants Program. In the past we have solicited proposals dealing with topics including:
- Rule of Law
- Euro – Atlantic Integration Process
- Anti – Corruption
- Human Rights (including the rights of disadvantaged or marginalized communities including, the disabled, LGBT community, minorities, etc.)
- Youth Outreach and Empowerment
- Promoting English language learning and educational opportunities
- Engagement of State Department programs’ Exchange Alumni
- Civic Education, Tolerance, Engagement
- Investigative Journalism
- Environment (energy efficiency, climate changes, waste management)
- Women’s Empowerment
- Cultural Preservation or the Promotion of the Arts
Please check back on our website and our social media pages for future announcements and updates. U.S. organizations seeking grant opportunities in Montenegro should also visit www.grants.gov for a full list of current calls for proposals.