Event: Commercial Flight out of Podgorica, Montenegro
The U.S. Embassy has arranged for U.S. citizens and green card holders to purchase seats on a chartered flight leaving from Podgorica Airport (TGD) to U.S. destinations via London Heathrow Airport. The departure date is tentatively planned for this Thursday, April 9, 2020.
Ticket purchases are managed by Globtour. If you are interested in purchasing a ticket you must contact their team directly to book these flights:
- by email: Embassy.Travel@globtour.ba
- by phone: +387-62-749-408 or +387-62-330-826
- These numbers are also reachable through Viber or WhatsApp
Flight details are subject to change. As you know, many flights around the world are being suspended, canceled, or are changed. Globtour can arrange for subsequent travel from London to United States ports of entry and arrange for your luggage to be checked through all scheduled flights.
These are not U.S. government operated or funded flights. You will be responsible for all costs (air fare, lodging, local transportation, onward destination) associated with this trip.
- Passengers may not remain overnight in the terminal; same-day onward travel is required.
- Onward travel to the United States will need to be from London to either New York (JFK) or Dulles Airport in Washington, DC (IAD).
- Passengers are required to have a verifiable proof of your onward air travel, or UK residency prior to boarding.
- Destitute U.S. citizens who lack means to take advantage of the flight, and are interested in exploring options for a loan should email PodgoricaACS@state.gov.
- The United States is not offering free flights back to the United States.
Once you have purchased a ticket, please send confirmation of purchase along with a copy of your passport or green card to PodgoricaACS@state.gov in order for us to work with local authorities to grant you passage to airport in Podgorica for the flight.
You will also be responsible for providing your own mask and gloves in order to board the flight.
Based on current demand, we expect this will be the only Embassy-organized repatriation flight back to the United States. If you decide not to take advantage of this travel opportunity, be prepared to remain in Montenegro for an indefinite period of time.
Please note that if you are currently under quarantine or government-mandated self-isolation, you are not eligible for this travel opportunity.
The U.S. Embassy has also updated its COVID-19 page, which provides the latest information on the ground in Montenegro as well as information on local resources. You may access that information here: https://me.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/.
Actions to Take:
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Montenegro.
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Dzona Dzeksona 2
+382 20 410 500
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
[https://travel.state..gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/montenegro-travel-advisory.html]Montenegro Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.