December 27, 2021
Location: World Wide
The Department is increasing the passport security surcharge (PSS) by $20 from $60 to $80. The PSS includes costs associated with passport application processing that support enhanced border security such as the secure book and card materials, passport printers, and compensation associated with passport adjudication, including fraud prevention.
Full prices of all US tourist passports will increase by $20.
- Minor Passports will increase from $115 to $135.
- First time adult passports and replacements for lost or stolen passports will increase from $145 to $165.
- Adult passport renewals will increase from $110 to $135.
The new fee will go into effect on December 27, 2021.
The total cost for all American Citizen Services can be found at https://me.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/fees/.
U.S. Embassy Montenegro
Phone number: +382 20 410 500
Email Address: PodgoricaACS@state.gov
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Advisories, Alerts, and the Podgorica Country Specific Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter