JOB ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TEFL PROGRAM MANAGER
LOCATION: Based in Montenegro
WORK HOURS: Full-time
POSITION: TEFL Program Manager
CLOSING DATE: May 20th, 2019
The TEFL Program Manager will work as part of a team with the Director of Programming and Training and the Program Managers for the Peace Corps Albania and Montenegro’s English Teaching (TEFL) Projects. The Program Manager will also work with the Program Managers for Community and Organization Development and Health Education, as well as other supporting program staff members. The TEFL Program Manager based in Montenegro reports to the Director of Programming and Training based in Tirana, Albania.
- Developing and maintaining project plans in cooperation with appropriate Montenegrin organizations (ministries, schools and other organizations);
- Identifying viable, effective sites for Peace Corps Volunteers by reaching out to appropriate Montenegrin agencies and organizations;
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of individual Volunteer projects to ensure their quality and consistency with the project plans;
- Designing and managing appropriate technical training to enhance the initial placement of Volunteers and the quality of their projects;
- Supporting Volunteers at their sites; supporting the safety and security of Volunteers; and serving as a liaison between Peace Corps and ministries and agencies engaged in English teaching.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in a field of study relevant for projects in teaching English as a foreign language;
- Experience of 4+ years of related work with relevant government agencies, not-for-profit organizations, or private businesses.
- Experienced in training and using non-formal education techniques.
- Speaks, reads, and writes Montenegrin and English with a high level of proficiency; (preferred high level of proficiency in Albanian both written and oral);
- Possesses excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office.
QUALITIES OF SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES:
- Possesses strong planning and organizational skills
- Professional, ethical, and reliable
- Excellent communication and inter-personal
- Skills; Flexible, resourceful, and creative
- Candidate will need to pass a background/security clearance;
- Candidate must maintain a current passport and be willing/able to travel in and out of Montenegro and Albania.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB:
Applications must be submitted to the Director of Management and Operations by COB May 20th, 2019 and will include: current resume or CV outlining related experience and qualifications; cover letter in English; three references; and, certificates/documents demonstrating the candidate’s skills and abilities. Application packages can be submitted via email to AL-Information@peacecorps.gov; via mail to Peace Corps Albania, PO Box 8180, Tirana, Albania; or in person 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday – Friday at Rr. Besnik Sykja, Nr. 2.
Only applications from qualified applicants received by COB May 20th, 2019 will be considered.
The Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information, please visit: http://peacecorps.gov/albania/contracts.