Location: Podgorica, Montenegro, Countrywide
A sizable gathering is scheduled to take place in Podgorica on Sunday, February 27, 2022. The gathering, organized by the Metropolitanate of Montenegro and the Littoral of the Serbian Orthodox Church, will observe the traditional Saint Simeon’s Assembly. The gathering will begin at 9:00 AM at the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ in Podgorica, 3 Bulevar Džordža Vašingtona. At 11:00 AM, the procession will proceed from the Cathedral to Nemnajin Grad, via Bulevar Svetog Petra Cetinjskog and return to the Cathedral via Marka Miljanova and Bulevar Ivana Crnojevica crossing the Millenium Bridge.
As rolling street closures, significant traffic congestion, and police presence are expected, travel in the affected areas is discouraged.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the gathering.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests
- Monitor local media for updates
- U.S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates..
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook