This call for project proposals is now closed.
The U.S. Embassy Podgorica Democracy Commission Grants Program will award grants ranging from $20,000 to $50,000 to not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks, civil society/non-governmental organizations, educational institutions, other organizations that have displayed trustworthiness, and to U.S. Alumni non-governmental organizations for projects that contribute to the development of democratic processes in Montenegro. Special consideration will be given to project proposals which advance:
- Transparency and accountability in governance and business
- Civic engagement for youth
- Women’s leadership
- Capacity development for aspiring entrepreneurs
- Empowerment of vulnerable groups, including (but not limited to) minorities; the LGBTI community; people with disabilities; victims of gender-based violence; victims of human trafficking; and elderly population;
- Reforms supporting the Euro-Atlantic integration of Montenegro
All application materials must be submitted by email to PodgoricaGrants@state.gov.