Location: Montenegro, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season, security measures in Montenegro remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology throughout Europe. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- S. Embassy Podgorica, Montenegro
Telephone: +382 (0)20 410 500
- State Department – Consular Affairs
Telephone: 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.