Location: Podgorica, Montenegro
Event: The security situation at the U.S. Embassy in Podgorica has been resolved. However, be advised that the roads adjacent to the main Embassy and Consular entrances remain closed as police continue an investigation. The embassy will reopen on Friday, February 23, 2018. The consular section will continue to only be open for emergency services.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area around the U.S. Embassy.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy – Podgorica, Montenegro
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Montenegro Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter