November 16, 2015
In the wake of the terrorist attacks in Paris on November 13, the U.S. Embassy in Podgorica reminds U.S. citizens in Montenegro to review theWorldwide Caution, which provides information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests throughout the world, including Europe.
Recent terrorist attacks, whether by those affiliated with terrorist entities, copycats, or individual perpetrators, serve as a reminder that U.S. citizens need to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and France Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.S. Embassy in Podgorica, located at Dzona Dzeksona 2, 81000 Podgorica, is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. The emergency after-hours number for the U.S. Embassy is 382 (0) 20 410 500.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.