Nonimmigrant Visas: Tourism & Visit

The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides several categories of nonimmigrant visas for those who want to visit or work temporarily in the United States.

A visa is issued by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.  A visa entitles the holder to travel to the United States and apply for admission; it does not guarantee entry.  An immigration official at the port of entry determines the visa holder’s eligibility for admission into the United States.

You can find out more about each type of visa from the website. To Apply for a Visa, follow the steps above.

Tourism & Visit Visa Type

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay, or an immigrant visa for permanent residence. Visitor visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business activities of a commercial or professional nature (visa category B-1), or tourism (visa category B-2), or a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).

Announcement for B1/B2 non-resident applicants

Due to extremely high demand for visa appointments for business & travel (B1/B2) visas, appointments for non-residents of Montenegro are only available on the first Wednesday of every month from 9-11AM.  If you are a non-resident and make an appointment through the scheduling system during any other time, your appointment will be automatically cancelled. Please note that interviews are conducted only in Montenegrin and English.

If you are a Ukrainian citizen and seeking a nonimmigrant visa appointment, please email